Let’s learn together about the benefits of Coconut Oil, which has a place in many areas for skin care and healthy nutrition.
Today, natural oils are frequently used in health problems, skin care and meal preparation. It is useful to be under the control of a doctor in natural solutions applied for health problems, but natural oils are preferred because they are cheap methods, as well as expensive brands in nutrition and beauty.
Coconut oil, which has increased in popularity in recent days and has proven many benefits especially in skin and hair care, has also proven itself in health and nutrition. Although coconut oil, which is a saturated fat, may sound threatening in terms of cholesterol, heart health and obesity due to this feature, its 50% lauric acid content is effective in maintaining cholesterol levels and preventing heart problems. The same would not be possible without lauric acid.
Structure of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is not like other oils in appearance. It is not liquid, on the contrary, it is a solid and milky white oil that softens quickly. Although it is thought that its solidity will limit the application area, in reality it is not, it has a wide usage area. It should not be stored in the refrigerator.
Coconut, which is a flavored food, is turned into powder when dried and is frequently used in the kitchen, especially in cookies and cakes. Coconut oil, which preserves this aroma, can also be used in cakes, cookies and pastries.
Coconut oil, which is added to the cake and cookie dough by 1 teaspoon, provides a pleasant aroma.
“Coconut oil” in a healthy diet
Burning oils have carcinogenic effects. Coconut oil is not a quick burning oil like other oils, it is more durable. Therefore, when you want to fry, you can melt a small amount of coconut oil and make healthy fries. Since the oil does not burn, it will not have a carcinogenic effect.
Help with weight loss
Coconut oil balances the metabolism and is low in calories. Its feature of increasing the metabolic rate ensures that more energy is burned and is effective in losing weight easily. Coconut oil is definitely included in the diet programs of those who want to lose weight.
Dietary dishes can be cooked with coconut oil. Coconut oil can be used in salad dressings.
Coconut oil should be used with caution in fast-acting thyroid systems such as hyperthyroidism. Since the metabolism works fast in hyperthyroidism, it would be beneficial for these patients to get a doctor’s opinion on the use of coconut oil.
Benefits of coconut oil
It has been observed that people in tropical countries that consume coconut are healthier. It is among the most important health benefits of its protection against heart diseases, balancing in cholesterol, strengthening immunity and protecting against viruses. Eating 1 teaspoon of coconut oil every morning keeps blood sugar stable throughout the day. Among the most well-known benefits are:
- Coconut oil prevents fatty liver and protects the liver.
- It dissolves kidney stones, prevents kidney and gall bladder diseases.
- Massages with coconut oil have a relaxing effect and reduce stress.
- Balancing blood sugar is effective in preventing diabetes.
- It has positive effects on the development of bones.
- Using coconut oil and toothpaste at the same time stops cavities and strengthens teeth.
- Gargling with coconut oil diluted in a glass of water prevents bad breath and bacteria formation in the mouth.
Good Scar Cream
Coconut oil has antibacterial properties. This oil, which is effective against infections, provides protection against external viruses by covering cuts and wounds and accelerates the healing process. Coconut oil can be applied to the wound, especially in people and children who are allergic to wound creams. It relieves pain with its relaxing feature.
With its protection from infections, coconut oil acts as a shield against influenza, herpes, measles and hepatitis viruses; It helps to destroy viruses in throat and urinary tract infections and ulcers. It can relieve the pain of insect bites.
Coconut oil for hair care
Hair care can be done not only against the problems in the hair strands, but also to protect the health of the hair. Coconut oil can be used to make the hair shiny, easy to comb, and make the waves clear. Coconut oil can be used for healthy hair growth.
Coconut oil for skin care
Coconut oil is a very good moisturizer. It can be used for hand and face moistening, especially in winter. You can always take care of the liquid hand soap by adding some coconut oil to it. It is possible to treat acne with coconut oil. Vitamin E deficiency leaves the door open for acne formation. In this regard, the fact that coconut oil is anti-inflammatory and rich in vitamin E makes it the most effective product on acne.
Coconut oil can be used for make-up removal, especially for waterproof lipstick and mascara cleaning.
Coconut oil, which is applied to the skin at night before going to bed, helps skin repair with its antioxidant effect and prevents the formation of aging marks. With this feature, it reduces the appearance of stretch marks in the breast and hip area of pregnant women.
Practical solutions at home with coconut oil
- Coconut oil is dissolved in warm water and filled into a spray bottle and sprayed on the ant paths inside the house. It is also a natural insecticide.
- Coconut oil applied around the litter box prevents litter flies from forming.
- Coconut oil is applied to a piece of cotton to prevent bad odors.
- It can be used especially in places such as shoe cabinets and refrigerators. With the same method, a pleasant smell is obtained in the wardrobes.
- Label marks on the jar can be removed with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Dried dirt on the dishes comes off more easily when rubbed with coconut oil.
- Make sure to use coconut oil to do your body good and protect against diseases.